10.30 The Future of Digital Construction
• What are the technologies that will change the way we execute and manage construction projects
10.55 BIM & The Latest Technology
• BIM and the latest technological leaps in reality capture, mobility and virtual reality interfaces
• Rewriting the rules of how large scale infrastructure projects can be planned, designed, constructed and operated. Examples of mega projects
11.20 Building Architecture through Technology
• How do we utilise technology to properly execute the architect’s design vision, while also collaborating on the constructability of the project?
• How do we effectively communicate with all team members, while avoiding “information overload”?
• How do we use technology to slow down the process so we can “think clearly” and yet deliver projects on time?
11.45 VR for Real Estate: What’s Real and What’s Hype
• What exactly is VR?
• Is Virtual Reality over-hyped? Is it just for gamers?
• How did we get here? (Trends in digital marketing and gadgets)
• We know the categories like auto and real estate are typically early
adopters of new technology - how are home builders, developers and
realtors using VR right now?
• Where will Virtual Reality be in 3, 5, 7 and even 10 years?
12.10 What Technology Means to Architectural Practice
• Increasing efficiency and accuracy: how architects can harness
technology to serve clients in new ways
• Managing large-volume design programs, from prototype rollouts, to brand re-imaging, to ADA Compliance programs across multiple locations
12.35 Rethinking the digital designing process
• Influences of parametric modelling and digital processes on design
• Case studies of successful and not so successful applications of parametric design
• Rethinking the process and creating awareness of limitations and opportunities
• Comparisons to other disciplines and lessons learned from them