Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business in Glasgow. As one of the oldest Chambers of Commerce in the world, the Chamber has a wealth of knowledge and expertise to help business succeed and grow.
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce was established by Royal Charter to promote the city’s interests at home and abroad. Patrick Colquhoun, Glasgow’s Lord Provost, drafted the constitution on 1 January 1783.
The ethos of the Chamber remains the same and we can broadly help by offering members business solutions, cost savings and opportunities to expand networks and reach.
We do this by:
- Hosting business and networking events that both help business people develop and grow their contact base
- Training and workforce development to upskill and develop employers and staff
- Exporting and international trade support
- Affinity schemes and business solutions to help businesses become more successful
- Marketing and profiling to our 1,200 members
- Campaigning on a local and national level on important policy issues on behalf of members